New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Listen to this post
Sometimes when someone repeats the same correction to me in a short period of time I get defensive. When I read it in the Word, like here in Proverbs 10, I know if God is repeating it to His children it must be something extra important not to forget.
What is extra important about remembering, “But the mouth of the wicked conceals violence.”? I think wicked people see or participate in evil acts and they not only don’t speak up, but they actually hide it so others don’t see what is going on. I also think far too many people turn a blind eye to evil and tyranny. Too many times in history mass evil happens simply because people didn’t have courage to stand and pray.
With that said, I think it’s very important to have wisdom and discernment of what is evil and what is not. Right now in our culture, we are experiencing a disturbing increase of negative gaslighting towards specific groups of people and religions. Just look at the political situation in America right now. Influential Democrats have called the Trump supporters Nazis for years. Influential Republicans are saying the left are doing the same things socialist and communist regimes did and continue to do.
- “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge.”
- “Buy the truth and do not sell it. Get wisdom, instruction, and understanding.”
- “Abide in God’s Word. You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free!”
- “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.”
- “Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or in dread of them, for the Lord your God is the One who is going with you. He will not desert you or abandon you.”